We recommend customers to make their own backups for web site content.
In the file manager, there is an option to compress the content, you can compress the contents and download to your local computer via FTP:
- log in to your Servage account.
- go to > Files > File Manager :
- you see now the FileManager
- click on the domain for which you want to take the back up
- click with the right mouse button on that folder and choose 'Archive':
- a new window opens and you can choose the name of the archive File, the compressing type and where you want to store the archive.
If you don't want to make a archive file of the complete folder, you can also make a copy of single folders with the same procedure. Hint: the folder "public_html" holds the files for the domain.
You can now download the archive file to your locale PC:
- click on the archive file
- right mouse button "Download" (files larger then 5MB need to be handled via FTP)
Please note that the system will overwrite old archive files with new ones if the same location and the same name for the archive files are chosen!