Servage recommends to keep the WordPress up to date. The reason for that is that the WordPress developers find and fix bugs, add new features, and hunt down security vulnerabilities on a regular basis. These changes are then released in a new WordPress version. You find a detailed overview of the improvements on e.g. THIS page.
Servage makes it very easy for you to upgrade your WordPress (and other applications which are installed via our application installer). Via our application installer, you can simply push the button “Upgrade” and upgrade your WordPress to the current newest supported version:
- log in to your Servage account
- go to Domains and Websites -> Application Installer:
- find the yellow button “Upgrade”:
- a new window pops up and gives you information about the current version, the newest version and enables you to make a back up before upgrading (recommended). Also, it asks you to disable special plug ins or module before upgrading:
- push the button "Upgrade"
In case of questions or remarks, please contact our support via ticket (email@example.com) or via livechat on www.servage.net. Our team is available 24/7.