An error page is often returned when a visitor attempts to access a page that doesn’t exist on your site. The two most common reasons a visitor gets e.g a 404 error are:
They mistyped the Web address (URL) of the page they were trying to reach; or
They followed a link to a page that no longer exists on your site.
In order to avoid the standard error pages, you can set up your customized error pages via your Servage hosting account with few clicks only:
- log in to your Servage account
- go to Domains and Websites -> Error pages
- Choose the site for which you want to manage the error page:
- Choose the Error code page from the list:
- push the button EDIT. You can now choose to use the default error page. Or, you can redirect the user to an internal URL (to a webpage which you created within your Servage account). The third option would be to redirect the user to an external URL.
- if you are done, push the button "Save"